Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesdays Wisdom coincides with Day Eight of my Challenge


So today was not a great day, I was just about to get on my yoga mat when hubby came home (at a time he is never home) I became agitated but caught myself rather quickly realizing he didn't do it to anger me.

It got me to thinking very rarely do things happen to us. Things happen yes, we are involved yes but it's only our ego that makes it about us. We can be in control of our perception if we choose to be. Instead of saying "Why Me?" which was my initial reaction I chose to believe that everything was exactly as it should be and although I would never consider myself a control freak, I like most of us, like things to go as planned. My intention was to get on my mat at that moment but when hubby walked through the door everything shifted. I understood I was frustrated because I was no longer in control, I mean yes I could have still done yoga but I don't like an audience. Being able to just flow with it is a core teaching of Yoga. And perhaps this is exactly where my lack of flexibility on the mat, which always surprises me, stems from. I'm not as flexible in life as I'd like to think I am.

Wednesdays Wisdom my friends...





You may be saying well that doesn't sound like so bad of a day and really it wasn't but I should mention the kicker...I think I broke my toe! But don't count this girl out, restorative yoga exists for a reason and this chick isn't giving up that easy!

No comments: