Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day Four of my Challenge ~ talking to the drunken monkeys

Day four has arrived and the cranky pants feel more like comfy yoga pants today. The only thing that has created tension for me throughout the day are my wonderful allergies! We moved into our new space within our joint family home nearly two months ago, this means I no longer share a kitchen with my mother in law or a bathroom with a number of family members and visitors on any given day. It's a move I've been looking forward to for a VERY long time and as much as I LOVE my new space it appears I'm allergic to something in the room,

I've had allergy like symptoms pretty much every day since the move. The problem is I have no known allergies, excepts cats and there are no cats in my room!? Thankfully nobody else seems to be afflicted. I am working with an Ayurvedic doctor but he doesn't actually do treatments, he just continues to give me herbal medicine and puts restraints on my diet but I'm not finding any relief. In the past I've had huge success with Ayurveda but it has always involved treatments of some kind so I'm praying for someone in this town to appear with the cure!

The spiritual side of me knows there is something going on that needs to resolved in order to alleviate the symptoms but for the life of me I don't know what that is. Its hard to remain in a good mood when they are flared anybody who has every suffered with allergies can understand, the constant drip and itchy eyes and nose is exhausting. Today was the worst they've been and the last thing I wanted to do was get on my yoga mat but then hubby treated me to a wonderful surprise; he took the kids this evening so I could recharge and catch my breath, literally. He even told me not to prepare anything for dinner he'd bring something from our favorite restaurant!

It has been a little piece of bliss, a much needed break. I was able to get on my mat and I wasn't a toddler jungle gym for once, it was heavenly. I forgot how truly into yourself you can get with a yoga practice I've been so used to having a bit of a distraction, either kids crawling all over me or if I wait for their nap fear that the babies will wake up before I finish. But today there was just me, my mat, my breath and of course the drunken moneys clamouring in my head for attention.



Today I was able to take time to give the anger (monkey) I've been feeling a voice. I discovered anger rears its ugly head out of frustration. I love my kids but two toddlers is exhausting, in Canada my Mom, Grandmother or my Bestie would gladly keep my kids occupied for an hour so I could breath but its just not the way in Indian culture, the mother is expected to do it all, without complaint, But I'm now understanding if I don't get/take time for me I'm no good to them and I think hubby is starting to understand this too.

I am in deep gratitude for this moment and the truth is I'm starting to miss them, what a beautiful feeling.



No comments: