Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesdays Wisdom coincides with Day One of my challenge


Day one of my challenge coincides with Wednesdays Wisdom and both came to fruition on my mat this morning. I awoke with a sense of eagerness today. I'm excited about this challenge and curious to see where it will lead me.

You would think living in India I would have access to any number of Yoga classes but in my quaint little Holy Town would you believe not one! Its true, why do you think I'm so eager for my Spiritual Guesthouse to be completed so I can lure all of my Yogi friends here.

When I first came to India my trip started with a thirty day yoga retreat, I was so thrilled and chatted with friends and teachers in Yoga classes imagining what kind of shape I'd be in when I returned to the west. Silly girl, I was on my mat once, only one Asana (physical) practice, the rest of my yoga training was internal (and beautiful I may add). Later during that same trip I was travelling by train when a true Indian Yogi shared my compartment, he told me all that was needed was twenty minutes a day on my mat, and reconfirmed Yoga was a way of life and not about being bendy.

As if by divine intervention, which is often the case when I set my intention for anything that is in accord with my higher self, I logged on to youtube and "recommended for you" was a thirty day yoga challenge and her classes are between ten and twenty minutes long. Now yes I wish I had an hour or more to spend on my mat each and every day but I'm working with what I have and not making any more excuses. There will be days I can do more and days when this is all time allows for and I am grateful for all of it.

The first class was all about opening the hips which I know from experience tend to store our emotions, I had tight hips before ever coming to Yoga and had been working through them regularly, Louise L Hay in her book "You Can Heal Your Life" claims discomfort or issues in the hips is directly related to "a fear of moving forward." Something I pondered each time I lay in Repose throughout the day.

I had been making progress in the hip region before I made the decision to move to India, those of you who have followed my blog know that I was married and pregnant very quickly after coming to live here in my sacred town. My pregnancy became high risk and my hips did everything but lock up as I fought to keep my son inside long enough to survive his birth, he arrived at thirty one weeks, that was three years ago and he continues to be strong and healthy, I was pregnant for my daughter when my son was only seven months old, so my hips once again went into protective mode and they've yet to relax!



Needless to say hip openers are a gift to this stiff ol body of mine. While laying in pigeon pose,

*note there are many variations of this posture but the sequence I was led through is outlined by this photo


I was treated to an intoxicating aroma coming off of my mat. My mat is not new, actually it is about six years old and I have never noticed this scent before. Then I remembered a class I once took about communicating with Angels and Fairies and in this class she spoke of different psychic abilities which are often directly related to communication with other realms. We know of Clairvoyance but there is also Clairalience which is the psychic sense of smelling. I'm not saying I'm psychic I'm sharing this information because often when I'm on to something important for my authentic truth a beautiful fragrance will accompany it. 

And while laying enjoying the intoxicating aroma Wednesdays Wisdom came to mind...








No comments: