Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Day Nine of my Challenge ~ when you don't listen to the signs sometimes the universe makes you listen!

My toe isn't broken but it's black and blue and hurts when moved in certain directions, which ultimately has changed the way I am approaching my yoga mat.

I talked about messages all around us the other day and this is exactly what happens when you don't pay attention! I have randomly been told by various friends and Yogis to go gentle on myself. I have been tagged in posts on social media sights about the importance of being gentle with oneself yet I wasn't listening. I didn't see how it related to me. I never felt I was pushing myself but obviously the universe did, so here I am, looking at my throbbing toe and finally listening.

Fortunately Repose does not require manipulation of the foot in any way, yoga is a different story. Like I said yesterday it's going to take a lot more than an injury to keep me sidelined; Restorative Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Yin Yoga are all similar in nature and obviously where I need to be while on my mat. Today's practice was a half an hour of "feet up the wall."



Did you know spending five minutes in this position is equivalent to a twenty minute nap? The entire practice was amazingly relaxing and rejuvenating but still I admit an hour later I began to feel blah again.




I honored my feeling of lackluster and decided to take a nap with the kids this afternoon, I awoke once again to "The Spider" hanging from my wall. As always my instincts took over and I jumped to my feet (I'm not sure what I would have done if I caught it considering I had nothing in my hands) for those of you who have followed my blog you know she only appears as a message and as my eyes come into full focus she vanishes.

Connection to feminine energy, patience and the weaving of your own destiny, this is the spiders core message, perhaps its time to start manifesting instead of just reflecting...

No comments: