Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My heart has found a home I’ve been dreaming of

For those who have been worried about me I feel the need this week to reassure you I have not joined a cult, shaved my head or given anyone my money.
I am in a relationship with a local and although there are still leaps to be made for women’s rights in India (and everywhere in this world) he and his family have a beautiful blend of traditional values mixed with modern mindset. This means that although the women of the house tend to their families the way women of the West did in the 50’s it’s not a step backwards in my opinion it is a step forward. A return to connection within the family unit is what is needed for our evolution in the West. Each of the women within my Indian family hold degrees and those who choose to have work outside the home do, but their family is always priority, not material gain.
Being from the west I know how I want to be treated and I won’t accept anything less than unconditional love and someone who inspires my inner growth. All of which I have manifested in this partnership beautifully.
You know the truth is when I first came to India I wanted a guru. It seemed like a wonderful rite of passage spiritually. Throughout my initial journey those I met encouraged me to have a direct line to God and tap into my own inner guru. This is what I have done (quite successfully I might add). I guess that’s why it hurts when people have such little faith in who I am and my strength to not lose myself. Heck that’s why I stepped out of society’s mainstream, in my opinion, that life is the biggest example of brainwashing.
I understand your fears are real considering the way India is portrayed in the media and when anyone steps out of conformity there is going to be some backlash, I knew and expected it but I want you to know I am happier than I ever imagined possible! As comedian George Carlin pointed out “people who dance are considered crazy by those who can’t hear the music.”
This week was fantastic for my inner growth. I focused my energy on the people who are touched by the honesty of my journey and let their love and support fill me so I can continue to forge ahead. I had fun attending a friend’s wedding and as per norm I was only white person in sight and to top it off everyone wanted a glimpse of the girl who stole the heart of Vrindavan’s most sought after bachelor. The event provided me with an opportunity to sink into the acceptance that I will often be watched with interest throughout my life in India and I managed to find grounded joy in showcasing my balancing act of West meets East.

3 comments:

Lynda Thomas said...

Once again beautifully written. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I see I have much to catch up on! Congratulations on finding love and a way of being that feels right to you.

Jane Scorpio said...

your beauty shines bright.
i feel your light from across the world.
i love you, girl!
i trust that as i step forward, and listen to my Self, as i feel the essence of my Self moving in the universe, that you are doing the same.
xo