Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Thursday, March 3, 2011

OM Sweet OM

I’ve been back in India for a week and each day I fall deeper in love with her. The journey of personal growth continues, living my life without knowing what is going to take place in any given moment requires courage and certainly fulfills my craving for adventure. Not needing to be in control affords a personal freedom I have wanted; surrender is empowering and truly is the key to inner happiness.
I’ve wondered what enlightenment really is and longed to obtain it, but now I think, for me, it means feeling lighter. Not a state to be obtained but a way of living life. Letting go lifts a burden that I didn’t even know existed. It’s allowed me to release the heaviness of what ifs or what’s next, that have been unknowingly weighing me down. It is an absolute surrender to the divine, a trust knowing that each day will provide exactly what is needed for my ascension. Seems very obvious to me now, kind of like looking everywhere for my sunglasses only to realize they are on my head!
I’m not saying my life is all rainbows and butterflies, there are challenges but now  any darkness that enters is easily washed away by inner light through meditation and moreover faith. There is no reason to not trust, I’ve always been led to the people, places and lessons I’ve needed in order to inspire my higher self. I not only trust, I give thanks to the darkness for showing itself. At this stage fear is the gateway to take another step on the proverbial ladder of life.
This week my chai addiction resurfaced and I jumped a bus to Delhi, literally. My partner and I needed to go to Delhi and he asked how I wanted to travel; car, motorcycle or bus. Public bus was the only mode of transportation I hadn’t yet experienced in India so off we set. Flagging down the bus on the side of the highway, it slowed just enough that we were able to hop on. We could not stop giggling once we found our seats; I felt one step closer to living as an Indian. I have also been watching the world cup in cricket and must admit what I thought was a painfully boring sport has proven to be quite exciting now that I understand what is going on during a match. There is a player on team India Sachin Tendulkar, known as the God of cricket, is retiring after almost thirty years of play. He’s broken almost every record in his career and it would be a gift from his entire team to go out with this win! Indians are on the edge of their seats with anticipation and I sit right along with them, I have not been this vested in a sporting event since Sydney Crosby scored the winning overtime goal to give Canada the win against America in last year’s Olympics. Go India Go!

No comments: