Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Friday, March 14, 2014

Making it work!

I gave up my career when I moved to India years ago knowing I'd be led to the appropriate gateways for my next passion driven money maker. Turns out Motherhood was my next big endeavor and while the pay sucks from a monetary perspective the hugs and kisses are worth their weight in gold. I love that I don't have to work outside the home and get to dedicate my days to my two little starseeds but there are stirrings in my heart, tunes that are awaiting there moment to be heard.

Admittedly I've had my hands in a few to many pots lately and this month is about getting focused, bringing things to the front burner that need just a little more attention and putting things on the back burner that only need the simmer of intention.

One of my biggest dreams will be manifested soon enough; in India we own a Spiritual Guesthouse; we refer to it as a "Spiritual Guesthouse" because of our ability to provide an ashram type experience without the pomp and circumstance surrounding a guru. We offer retreats, workshops, tours and an array of healing modalities, something I've been passionate about and preparing for for decades our goal is to help you connect with your most authentic truth. We are in the middle of major renovations and it is taking a little longer than anticipated, our building is over two hundred years old and we want to keep the original infrastructure so not to loose the ancient feel of the space while bringing it up to par with modern day comforts. Its images remain on my vision board and a notebook filled with ideas stays close by but with so many other items that also need attention this one heads to the back burner and when the work is done I promise you'll be one of the first to know!

A link to Gopalj Dham Spiritual Guesthouse

We've been living our lives between India and Canada and to often while I'm visiting friends and family in the west I get stopped and asked "where did you get your outfit?" So last year along with some co-conspirators we began importing from India for sale in the West. Balanced Soul Clothing and Accessories was developed for the conscious consumer, when we choose pieces and while creating our own designs there are always a few focus points; our items are made with nontoxic materials, created without any kind of child or forced labor and cruelty free. It’s an answer to corporate consumerism we support “Mom and Pop” shops in India and offer select designer items that meet our criteria for grass roots conscious shopping. I've had to redefine my role with this endeavor; turns out I come across as a a bit of a control freak, more so because I feel if I don't do it won't get done, so this month I had some much needed conversations with the other two Goddesses involved with this project and have decided to  step back slightly and have them take over the reins.

A link to Balanced Soul Clothing and Accessories

The other boiling pot on the stove is my writing, this blog included. I had visions of grandeur when I began this blog almost four years ago but I have slacked. This year I made a new commitment to get back to regular blogging and I have definitely posted more but its been random and hasn't really garnered me many new views and only a handful of new followers, I think its been more confusing than anything for you and me. So I've decided to scale back and focus my writing where it needs to be. I will continue to blog but only once a week, I'll do my best to post every Thursday and I hope you'll continue to log on and read and don't forget if you like what you've read please share!

I've been toying with a  novel for over three years now only to have it lost, somehow the file, even the backed up version, has become corrupted. I have to trust that it just wasn't going in the direction it needed to go. I read that if you write 1,000 words a day, you can finish the first draft of a novel in less than three months, even if you take some days off! I started this month saying "Awesome! I can do that!", to date I have written this blog and an article for Elephant Journal that I still haven't submitted.

Guess I have to take some more time and truly decide what is important to me on a work front... Like what you've read? you can support my efforts by clicking below and making a donation, thank you for your continued support

No comments: