Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"


Confucius was right when he spoke the words above and I am blessed to have this as my reality, I have always worked doing what I love and whenever it began to feel like a job either myself or the universe moved me along. 

I know how lucky I am to not have to work at this stage in my life. Dedicating my world to my children (which is a whole other realm of work as any mother will tell you) is a gift, it also allows me to play with dreams. I talked in my last blog about the areas I was going to focus this month and I'm happy to say it was pretty easy to stay focused. I managed to submit my first article to Elephant Journal just awaiting news to see if, or rather when, they will publish it, and hopefully you will all check it out when it happens! I haven't managed to find the time for my novel but I still have a few days left!

My conscious consumer brand Balanced Soul Clothing and Accessories hosted a number of trunk shows and we attended our first expo 





it was a lot of fun and a great networking event. We have so many ideas moving forward and each of my partners is brimming with excitement as we continue to grow and manifest our dreams.

I also helped my husband with his dream of beginning a charity trust called "The Vrindavan Restoration Society" it's mission is to acquire and restore the ancient temples and sites of Vrindavan. Right now our town is in the middle of a development boom, my husband works in property and is doing what he can to create sustainable development while keeping the sacred look and feel of our auspicious town, unfortunately most others are not. They see profit in demolishing these ancient buildings to make way for "modern conveniences" not understanding that India's appeal comes from its history not its ability to provide western experiences. If you'd like more information on our projects there will be a website and facebook page available soon, or you can e-mail balancedsoul@hotmail.com and I'll gladly send you more information. 

The beautiful part is nothing this month has felt like work and because I'm sharing the experience with you I knew I couldn't slack and had to be accountable for accomplishing my goals. Three months into my Happiness Project am I feeling happier? I'm definitely more focused and aware, which lends itself to a sense of direction, which coincides with an inner peace, which ultimately makes me feel happy, so yes I'd say I'm well on way! 

Have you jumped on the Happiness bandwagon yet??
Like what you've read? Leave a donation, $1, $2, $5 whatever you choose, everything is appreciated!

No comments: