Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Where there is love there is life ~ Mahatma Gandhi

All you need is love...

February with it's hallmark holiday is known as the month of Love so I've decided to jump on the band wagon and dedicate the month to cultivating even more love in my life. How you may ask? Well I'm starting with self love. We've all heard if you don't love yourself no one else is going to love you!

I have a bit of a head start I am blessed to have a husband who is the very beat of my heart, kids who adore me and family that loves and supports me unconditionally yet I still don't love myself nearly as much as I should. In fact if I heard anyone speak to someone I loved the way I often speak to myself...well lets just say it wouldn't be pretty.

So my initiative will include baby steps to achieve this and by sharing my journey here I hope you'll be inspired to join in. Love doesn't cost us anything and the simple act of loving yields boundless return. No expectations, no need to find love from anyone or anything outside of my own heart, this is my goal.
I'm starting today, can I make it through the next few days being kind to me? For me this means absolutely no negative self talk! No putting myself down, no looking in the mirror and dreaming of botox, no bashing subtle or obvious on any level. Care to join me?

Each time I do look in the mirror I'll look deep into my eyes and say "I love you." It sounds corny but on a retreat in India years ago the Swami had us do this every morning, in fact it was paramount, if I couldn't look into my own eyes and express love, how could I fully love anyone else?

I watch both of my kids look at themselves in the mirror and they are madly in love with their own reflections. Remember when you were that innocent and never thought for a second you were anything but incredible? When you knew you were love itself? Guess what? You still are and it's time to fall back in love with you.

We can get there again, lets just take this first step together...

1 comment:

balanced soul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.