Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

loving it forward



Hopefully a few days in you're beginning to feel the self love. I admittedly am still struggling but I haven't given up! I knew this wasn't going to be easy but even more so I know it is worth it. Every time I look in the mirror I work past the voice that whispers its disdain with anything it can find to fault. I remain eye locked until I can quiet the harshness, I repeat "I love you" until I see that twinkle of recognition.

I've begun doing affirmations each morning, my favorite is "I open my heart to love and radiate love" I do it the same way I do my mantra repeating 108 times doing one round of my mala beads. Then I've been following it up by setting an intention for the day; "Joy" "Laughter" but most of all "love love love". To intensify the magic I do a hand mudra, hands at heart center palms together fingers apart except for the thumbs and the pinkys, set the intention aloud or silently then seal the other fingers so your hands are in prayer position. I've also allowed my asana practice to center around heart openings, its amazing what flows your way when you open yourself to love. Lots of beauty but also the shadow side that needs to be worked on (more on that in future blogs).

Love is one of the only things you can give away continuously and still have more to give. It feels good to do things for other people and although I still hold doors open, make eye contact and smile at strangers that is normal behavior for where I come from, so this week each day I'm going to Love it forward. What does that mean? Well I'm going to do random acts of kindness for no reason other than to make someone else smile. Not loving to get love in return, just loving for the joy of love. An example; I plan on dropping some flowers off to the nursing home up the street from me, maybe just maybe it will brighten someones day. Simple gestures straight from my heart is the aim for the rest of the week.

Tell me what other ways you have decided to cultivate more love in your life?

No comments: