Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

what would your perfect day consist of?


I was asked “what would your perfect day consist of?” It was profound for me to dig my way through the layers and get to the truth of how I would live my perfect day. I felt a need to pay it forward and there has been a lot of interesting conversations amongst friends and family.

Would you want to eat pastries while overlooking the Eiffel Tower? Relax on the beach in the south pacific? Or have a picnic on top of a mountain? As much as all of these days sound beautiful and easily could translate into a “perfect day” my truth is much easier and accessible than that. I couldn’t help but notice the majority of my loved ones wanted days that were similar to mine; the key factor we all longed for in our “perfect day” was love, laughter and most of all the peace that comes with simplicity.

After much contemplation if I was to manifest my “perfect day” it would consist of waking up on my own, no alarms, just the dawn air whispering good morning, I’d meditate to the sunrise and marvel at the world as it came alive with the promise of a new day. I’d deliver my husband a cup of homemade chai while he was still in bed (in India this is referred to as bed tea) and watch him wake up, there is a beauty and sweetness in the waking moments of loved ones when (and only when) they are awakened with love in just the fashion they like. We’d share a morning snuggle before I found my way to my yoga mat, preferably with a teacher to guide me through my practice. I’d return to do some writing then prepare and share a delicious lunch with loved ones. I’d rest and do some reading, then spend time connecting with members of my soulpod (people you feel a deep connection with on a soul level) expanding consciousness, sharing love and light. I’d take the time for a walk in nature and attend kirtan (devotional sing-a-long), participate in Pooja (worship) and even find time to watch the magnificent free show provided by source each evening, the sunset. Then I’d cook dinner and once again enjoy the meal with loved ones and if the day was truly perfect I’d get a moment to reflect under the stars, receive a massage and fall asleep in the loving embrace of my husband’s arms.

The beauty is, this isn’t too far from how my days are spent. By simply setting the intention and visualizing the life I would like, the manifestation can come forth. You may ask “what about work?” Well for me ideally the ‘money’ energy would come from the writing and connecting to members of my soulpod at my Spiritual guesthouse.

I encourage you to pull out your journal and detail what your perfect day would consist of, I’d also love to know about it so please feel free to share…






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
Really loved this post of yours ..... belive me or not ur idea of perfect day is so much similar to my idea of perfect day. This is the first time i visited your blog and loved it.......Also went through your profile and was glad to know someone who is walking on the similar path.