Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I lost my heart in Vrindaban

Many people ask me” Why India?” In his book “The Journey Home ~ Autobiography of an American Swami” Radhanath Swami ponders “How did I land into a life so foreign to my upbringing, but so familiar to my soul” his words mirror my feelings. Everything about India for me is new yet somehow known. From the moment I stepped foot on the soil of this sacred land there was a comfort, a peace that settled into the very core of my being.

Throughout history people who have been in pursuit of the divine have found that India is a spiritual home worth having. The first morning when I was awakened by the sound of temple bells and wafting incense, I was filled with a love that only Mother India can provide when her spiritual children find their way to her lap. I don’t know why India called my soul but I do know it captured my heart. There is a slogan from the city I’ll be living in that reads “I lost my heart in Vrindaban” but for me it was more like I found my heart in Vrindaban. The energy of this auspicious city allowed me to break down the walls I had built up around my heart and reconnect with my authentic self. With my plane ticket and visa in hand I am filled with so much gratitude knowing that next week it will officially be my new home!

No matter which way I look at it (or meditate on it) India feels right and when something feels right I for one have learned to not question it. So instead of spending my energy trying to convince those who just don’t get it, I ask that they accept it as my choice and instead of judging it, rejoice in the fact that I am living my truth. Can you imagine what kind of world this would be if people learned to trust their feelings and live by the truth of their heart instead of the conformed thought patterns which usually stem from fear based beliefs of a conditioned society?

In India where some see dirt; I see earth. Where some cry over the poverty; I recognize karma and a need to be of service. The list goes on. When friends ask what my life will be like in India I explain the beauty of moving there is in the not knowing. In my previous travels I have learned to find comfort in spontaneity so there is no daily schedule, there is no planning ahead, I will simply wake up with the temple bells, breathe in the incensed air and see what adventure the universe has in store for me…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love with all my heart babe! In over 25 years you have never let me down.

- Suzanne, BFF

Unknown said...

How far you have come, what an inspiration you are. Blessings on your journey friend!

daya saraswati dasi said...

beautiful... all of it. you, the words, the sentiment... wishing you love and much peace in your new home.
xojennifer

Unknown said...

Wow Angie! This is beautiful and spoke to me in so many beautiful and truthful ways. I know exactly how you feel when you describe feeling alive in the midst of not knowing all the answers. It's nice to know when you take the leap you find yourself full of love and courage to explore the world. You inspire me deeply! Live life the way you know how.

love your sis
su