Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Sunday, October 5, 2014

“Beware the barrenness of a busy life.” ~ Socrates



"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking the whole world belongs to you" ~ Lao Tzu


The town where we live in India is small, quite small in fact it's still considered rural and for good reason. You shouldn't expect to see any shopping malls or box stores, our market is the picturesque outdoor Indian stall bazaar style where bartering is the natural process. Quaint and lively but goodness what a girl wouldn't do for an air conditioning during the summer months.

There are no fast food establishments but lots of vendors selling fresh homemade delicacies anything from a samosa to cut up carrots with black salt (when the season allows) can be purchased roadside.



I love the freshness and that the choices aren't limited to burgers and fries but again just that space to sit and relax and Oh My a kids play area now that would be a blast but then again this is India and a kids play area could be a little scary with the lack of sanitation or basic understanding of bacteria control.

We do have a couple of areas that are park-like to stroll in, but they're infested with rhesus monkeys or as I've dubbed them the "monkey mafia." While I've learned to live with them and am doing my best to teach my kids to not be scared of these critters one must respect the fact that they are wild animals and more so shit heads! A stroll in the park while being on high alert as to the whereabouts of these thieves and most importantly making sure my toddlers don't come between a mother and baby monkey because that never ends well isn't high on my enjoyment list.



But what we lack in modern conveniences we make up for in divine presence and old world simplicity. The food we have available is locally grown, it comes in daily from the farms, they set up roadside and sell their fruits and vegetables, we mix dough and make our own bread, everything is freshly prepared. My kids play outside in the fresh air for the better part of each day, we go about our day without the need for multiple distractions and I'm doing my best to just be, despite my propensity bore easily. And although I am grateful for this beautiful existence I'll admit I'm craving a bit of an adventure, lets see what transpires...


Like what you've read? Leave a donation, $1, $2, $5 whatever you choose, everything is appreciated!

No comments: