Love Love Love

Love Love Love

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Soul is here for its own Joy ~ Rumi

My year long Happiness Project has now entered its fourth month and with April comes another shift in focus. For me however at this stage it is important to review the previous three months and make sure I am still incorporating all of the things that have brought a deeper sense of joy. A few resolutions that fell to the wayside that I may want to try and incorporate elsewhere and so forth. So a quick recap if you'll bare with me:

January was all about Vitality; My energy has improved, at least I'm not complaining about it anymore. Yoga, weight training and conscious breathing are still in the forefront of my mind. Drinking my liter of warm water every morning, the only thing I'd like to bring into April is fasting. In India we fast frequently and since being in Canada for the last six months I haven't fasted much at all, so each Thursday I am doing a simple fast. Thursdays are the day in February's Cultivating Self Love I dedicated to taking care of myself, I love to soak in a sea salt bath, paint my toes, go for a massage whatever the mood brings but something that is all about loving my body and cradling my self. March was dedicated to work and the biggest thing I discovered was that I was trying to force a career,when in truth my children are my full time job and I love that I can give them all of me at this precious stage of their development.

April's intention has to do with the quote by Rumi above "The soul is here for its own joy" this has sat on my vision board since the new year began, in fact this message seems to be coming at me from every direction. I'm listening to the universe and the entire month is dedicated to FUN FUN FUN just for the joy of it! When trying to figure out what fun is to me it was suggested to remember what my ten year old self liked to do chances are the adult us still would enjoy the same activities.

I loved to dance, write, skip and cook so these are included in my goals for the month; things like experimenting  with new recipes, dancing for at least five minutes every day, reading and writing poetry, and singing out loud. I really am going to work on mindfulness; trusting what is but manifesting what I want to come.

More than anything I'm going to focus on playing harder, laughing at all life brings (or sometimes throws) and learn to smile with my liver (a line from Elizabeth Gilbert's 'Eat Pray Love' that has always struck a curiosity chord with me) I can't wait to share this experience with you and I hope you'll join me and dedicate some time to being as silly as possible,

Like what you've read? Leave a donation, $1, $2, $5 whatever you choose, everything is appreciated!

No comments: